Tuesday, February 20, 2007

South Benton News Articles

In the February 2007 edition of the South Benton News my article "Happenings at the Monroe Community Library" appears opposite of another article entitiled, "South Benton Communities Historical Association Newsletter 2007" by Mrs. Barbara Wright, Museum Coordinator. In Mrs. Wright's article she wonders about the fate of the Monroe Train Depot and tells some wonderful history of this interesting historical building. In my quest for fulfilling our library's mission of "Bringing People and Information Together" I see my lack here! Since Benton County is working with the South Benton Library Project toward moving the depot to the new library's location, my thoughts went to wondering about how many people in the area I am not reaching with this information? Of course any news about progress we are making toward a new library is important to our patrons and myself...but what about those very few people who don't visit the library on a regular basis? How can I reach them? Well, for starters, I have a few ideas. Number one is to visit the museum the next time it is open and give them our latest SBLP newsletter with a SBLP Blog address bookmarker on it. Mmm...next I will go and pay another visit to the Senior Meals Program and (microphone in hand) bring them up to date on what's happening. Does anyone have other good ideas out there? Please don't be afraid to post them!

No comments: